Welcome to Kartik Patel’s website
What thing I am I do not know.
I wander secluded, burdened by my mind…
…I ask as a fool who knows not his own spirit:
Where are hidden the traces left by the Gods?
- Rig Veda, I, 164
In this fragment of the net you will find the following strands:
0. An infrequent blog containing random thoughts from a peripheral viewpoint, under the “Blog” link above. Skip this if you are not interested in my opinions and want to see more useful content.
1. Programs I have written for Linux, the Operating System for the 21st Century. There are two at present, for free download, under the “Linux Programs” link.
2. A description of my attempts to grind and polish a 6-inch mirror in order to make a Newtonian reflecting telescope. On the net this activity is widely called ATM – Amateur Telescope Making. This is under the link with the same name.
3. Particle simulation methods in Plasma Physics under “Plasma Simulation”.
4. Book reviews under (of course) “Book Reviews”.
5. Under “Pictures” are snapshots taken while travelling to different places in India. Click on the thumbnail to view the image. You are free to download them for non-commercial, personal or educational use. Utilization of these images in a business or for commerce and advertising is not permitted.
6. And lastly, the source code for the Linux programs recompiled as-is under Windows using MingW. These are available under the “Windows programs” menu item.
This site will always be under construction.
Please excuse the dust and please visit again.
Many thanks to WordPress for providing a great utility for people like me who are PHP and HTML-challenged.
And also to the creator of the “Atahualpa” theme, and the authors of the WordPress plugins (Akismet, Contact Form 7, Simple Download Monitor, Tiny MCE Advanced) which I am currently using.
Any mail, messages, or comments? Please use this form.
Last updated: 2 August 2014
Copyright (c) Kartik Patel,
letapk AT gmail DOT com